Brussels Sprout Bruschetta
Write a review
- Rustic whole grain bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Brussels sprouts (per person)
- 1 whole lemon
- Burrata cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Red chili pepper flakes
- Thinly slice all Brussels sprouts.
- Heat approx 4 tbsp evoo in a heavy pan.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sauté over medium heat for about 1-minute.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze the juice of the entire lemon over the sprouts. Add a pinch of sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and red chili pepper flakes to taste. Cook an additional 1-minute or until the sprouts start to lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into 1" slices. Coat each side with evoo and grill in a grill pan until both sides are golden brown with a few slightly charred grill lines. You can also toast or broil the bread if you don't have a grill pan.
- Spread a thin layer of burrata on each bread slice. Immediately top with Brussels sprouts right out of the pan.
- If you'd like, add another touch of salt, pepper, chili flakes and/or a touch of lemon zest.
- Serve immediately and watch no one bites your fingers!
Adam Rosante http://www.adamrosante.com/