Is there anything better than a BLT?
IMHO? A BLAT.
That’s Bacon. Lettuce. Avocado. Tomato.
I made the one in that photo above while digging through my fridge and cabinets.
Yes. The Corona virus had me quarantined in the kitchen acting like Pac Man.
Only instead of eating up little yellow pellets, I was gobbling down everything with a fast approaching expiration date.
Whether you’re racing against wilting lettuce, in a mad dash to devour your bacon or just want a BLT with avocado, give this recipe a shot.
I almost always use this Applegate uncured Sunday bacon, but whatever you’ve got will do.
Let me know what you think in the comments, below!
P.S. – if you want a guide that shows you how to cook the most perfect, crispy bacon every time, check out this post.
BLT with Avocado
- 3 pieces bacon
- 3 leaves butter bibb lettuce or any delicate green leaf
- 3 slices avocado
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 potato bun
- mayo enough to cover the top and bottom of the potato roll
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place bacon in single layer in a roasting pan. Roast for 15-20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes and turning occasionally.
- Remove from pan and set on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Drain off the fat from the roasting pan. Give it a quick wipe with a paper towel, leaving a thin layer of fat on the pan. Set potato roll face down on pan. Set pan back in oven and toast roll for 5 minutes. Check halfway through to make sure it's not burning. Remove from oven and place face up on a plate.
- Cut bacon strips in half. This'll help them fit within the roll.
- Spread each side of the potato roll with mayo. To the bottom portion of the roll, add tomato, bacon in a stacked fashion, lettuce and then avocado. Place the top of the potato roll on and serve.